Frequently Asked Questions: Personal Injury Lawyers in Jackson, MississippiIf you’ve been hurt in a car accident, suffered a slip and fall, suffered an injury due to medical malpractice, or experienced a workplace injury, you may have many questions and concerns. The Law Offices of Malouf & Malouf, PLLC are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who may be able to help you seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injuries. The best way to get your questions answered is to speak directly to a personal injury lawyer in Jackson, Mississippi. The answers below are only meant to be informative in nature and aren’t meant to replace the counsel of a personal injury lawyer in Jackson, Mississippi like Malouf & Malouf.
- Do I have a case? Many factors will determine whether you have a case. One of the most important factors will be determining which party was negligent for your car accident, slip and fall, or medical malpractice claim. Without negligence, you cannot seek damage from another party. Malouf & Malouf, are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who can review your case and help you understand whether you have a case.
- What is the value of my claim? Every case will differ. While your personal injury lawyer may be able to give you an initial estimate of your claim based on medical bills you’re received and the time you’ve missed from work already, you may need additional medical care and may miss more time from work. Estimating the value of your claim may involve the use of pain and suffering formulas and may require your attorney to speak to medical experts. However, during your initial consultation, Malouf & Malouf can look at your pay stubs, look at medical expenses, and look at the seriousness of your injury and give you an initial estimate of what your claim might be worth.
- Will my case go to trial? Many personal injury cases can be settled outside of court. Cases only go to trial when insurance companies fail to pay the settlements they should be paying or when negligent parties refuse to take responsibility for their actions. In many cases, claims can be settled through out of court negotiations. Malouf & Malouf are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who can review your case and help you understand the next steps, which will often involve discussions with insurance companies and negligent parties.
- How long will my case take to settle? Again, every case is unique. If your case needs to go to trial, it might take longer to settle than a case that can be settled outside of court.
- How long do I have to file a claim in Jackson, Mississippi? The statute of limitations in Jackson, Mississippi is three years, but you shouldn’t wait that long to make a claim. Malouf & Malouf are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who will need time to review your case, gather evidence, and take the next steps.
- What should I do if my insurance company isn’t offering me a settlement I believe I deserve? While you are required to report your car accident to your insurance company, you are not required to speak to adjusters over the phone. Ask that your insurance company contact you in writing. That way, if there is a dispute with your settlement amount, you can show all correspondence to the personal injury attorneys at Malouf & Malouf in Jackson, Mississippi. If you disagree with the settlement you are being offered, Malouf & Malouf may be able to present additional information and fight insurance companies. Sometimes insurance adjusters use formulas or estimates when calculating settlements. However, insurance companies are required to reimburse you for your actual losses, not for the estimates their computer programs give them. Malouf & Malouf can help.
- How much will a personal injury lawyer cost me? Malouf & Malouf understand that personal injury victims might be under intense financial pressure from medical bills, lost wages, and may be suffering as a result of their injury or disability. Our personal injury lawyers only get paid if you win. We can help you understand our fee structure during your initial consultation.
- Does a medical malpractice claim differ from a car accident claim? Yes. Medical malpractice claims can involve many more steps than a car accident claim because you’ll need to show that your doctor deviated from a standard of care. This may involve medical review and other independent analyses of your case. Malouf & Malouf are medical malpractice lawyers who may be able to help you navigate the claims process when it comes to medical malpractice cases.
- Should I accept an out of court settlement or take my case to court? This depends on how much your personal injury lawyer believes your case is worth. If negligent parties and your insurance company are willing to reimburse you an amount that is very close to your lawyer’s estimate, you may not need to go to trial. However, if negligent parties refuse to pay or if insurance companies act in bad faith, Malouf & Malouf are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who may need to pursue litigation.
- What should I do after I suffer a personal injury in Jackson, Mississippi? If you’ve been in a car accident, call the police, make a police report, visit the doctor, and call the personal injury attorneys at Malouf & Malouf in Jackson, Mississippi today. Our firm can help you navigate the next steps.
Categories: Distracted Driving