Jackson Car Accident Lawyers and Auto Injury Attorneys
When You Need A Serious Injury Attorney in Jackson Mississippi
The Jackson Mississippi car accident lawyers at Malouf & Malouf, PLLC work with individuals and families who have suffered losses due to car accident injuries. The aftermath of a car crash can be devastating for both victims and their families. If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you may be facing unexpected medical bills, a long rehabilitation period, missed time from work, or long-term disability. Families may suffer if their family’s primary breadwinner is put out of work, or they may find themselves also shouldering high medical and rehabilitation fees. Families and victims may also experience pain and suffering after a car accident. If a person injured in a crash was a caretaker for children or the elderly, families may find themselves facing unexpected new expenses.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, in Mississippi alone, citizens lost an estimated $861 million from car accident deaths. These figures don’t begin to account for the many more people injured due to car accidents in Mississippi. Car crashes can leave victims seriously injured and suffering major lifestyle changes. Families may struggle economically under the burden of high medical expenses and lost income due to missed time at work. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, you need the experienced Jackson Mississippi car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Malouf & Malouf, PLLC on your side.
Car accidents occur far too often in Mississippi. The physical pain from injuries, property loss from vehicle damage, the costly inconvenience of auto replacement, and the loss of income can be devastating for most families. Medical bills for doctors, physical therapy, and other related needs can be overwhelming. For many individuals, these accidents are an unwelcome part of their future as they struggle with disabilities, pain, and other unexpected lifestyle changes. Some of the medical costs stemming from a car accident can exceed a family’s earnings for a single year. Spinal cord injury can cost as much as $1 million dollars in the first year alone. Many individuals have insurance policies with high deductibles, meaning that families may find themselves paying thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars out of pocket after a car crash. These costs also don’t take into account the often forgotten costs of car accidents that can happen when a family’s primary caretaker is disabled, or the pain and suffering families and individuals might experience.
If you are involved motor vehicle accident due to another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for bills, loss of income, permanent disability, and pain and suffering. In addition to all types of car accident cases, our Jackson Mississippi auto accident attorneys can take cases involving trucks and all other types of automobiles. Contact Malouf & Malouf, PLLC., car accident lawyers in Jackson, MS today.
Causes of Car Accidents in Jackson, Mississippi
The vast majority of car accidents are the result of human error. In fact, as many as 90 percent of crashes may be the result of human error. What causes auto accidents? Here are a few factors:
- Distracted Driving. Distracted driving is on the rise, with more people using their cell phones while driving than ever before. While most states have laws limiting cell phone use to hands-free cell phone use and laws banning texting and driving, some drivers cannot resist the ping of their cell phone. Unfortunately, when drivers are distracted, they are more likely to be involved in an accident. Thousands of people are injured each year due to distracted driving. Distracted driving is not limited to cell phone use. Eating while driving, putting on makeup, or checking a map while driving is also considered distracted driving. Anything that takes your attention off the road can be dangerous. If you believe that your car accident was the result of distracted driving, Malouf & Malouf, PLLC is a car accident law firm in Jackson, Mississippi that may be able to assist you with your case.
- Speed kills. Many cities have implemented speed limits to protect drivers on the road. However, sometimes drivers violate the law and accidents occur. The faster a person is driving, the more serious the injuries can be. If speed was a factor in your car accident, and the other driver was speeding, the car accident attorneys at Malouf & Malouf, PLLC in Jackson, Mississippi may be able to assist you with seeking the damages you may deserve under the law.
- Disobeying the rules of the road. Running stop signs, red lights, and changing lanes illegally can all result in accidents. The rules of the road are there for a reason. The auto accident attorneys at Malouf & Malouf, PLLC in Jackson, Mississippi can review the details of your car accident, understand the underlying causes, identify negligent parties, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
- Drunk Driving. Drinking and driving can impair your ability to operate a motor vehicle safely. Unfortunately, some people drink and do not realize how impaired they are. If you or a loved one was hurt due to another person’s choices, you may have certain rights under the law.
- Drinking and driving is illegal. If another driver involved in your accident was charged or convicted of drinking and driving, this may help you when pursuing a personal injury claim. Victims of drinking and driving accidents are also crime victims and may also have the right to access crime victims compensation funds. If you or someone you love was hurt because another driver chose to drink and drive, you and your family may be entitled to seek damages for your losses. The Jackson Mississippi car accident attorneys at Malouf & Malouf, PLLC may be able to help you.
There are many factors that can lead to auto injury, and these are only a few. Poor road conditions, rain, and mechanical failure can also lead to auto crashes. If you’ve been in an accident through no fault of your own, you may have certain rights under the law. Contact Malouf & Malouf, PLLC, auto injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi today to learn more about your rights. Our firm can take the time to review the circumstances of your case and fight to help you seek damages from negligent parties.
Tell us about your car accident in a free case evaluation!
You’ve Been in a Car Accident – Now What?
Malouf & Malouf, PLLC is a car accident law firm in Jackson, Mississippi that helps victims navigate the aftermath of a car crash. The hours, days, and weeks following a car accident can be incredibly stressful. Fortunately you don’t need to navigate this time alone.
By following the steps below, you can help protect yourself after a car accident:
(1) Report the accident immediately to the local police. While you may not be required to report a minor fender bender to police, it is still a good idea to do so. Why? Sometimes people can get injured in these accidents, and injuries may not always be immediately perceptible right after a crash. For example, injuries like traumatic brain injury, whiplash, or post-traumatic stress disorder can take hours or days before they become apparent. Another reason why it might be a good idea to report an accident to the police is that what may appear to be a minor fender bender may actually result in extensive damages to the vehicle. It’s generally a good rule of thumb to report all accidents to the police.
(2) Exchange information with the driver, including:
- Name, address and phone number.
- License number.
- The insurance company and policy number.
- The vehicle owner’s name.
- A description of the car make, model, and color.
- The name of the company if the vehicle is a company car or driven by the employee.
(3) Document the accident:
- Use your phone or camera to photograph any damage.
- Use your phone or camera to photograph the location of the accident.
(4) Obtain witness information:
- Do not rely on police to obtain witness information. Some witnesses leave before police arrive, so get their name, address, and phone number, as well as a brief statement of what they saw. Having contact information can be helpful should your personal injury lawyer need to ask questions later.
(5) Take photographs of your injuries.
(6)Do not sign any documents before you consult with our car accident lawyers. Insurance adjusters may offer you a settlement, but before accepting any settlement, you may want to have a qualified estimate of the value of your claim. Malouf & Malouf, PLLC are car accident attorneys in Jackson, Mississippi who can review your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering to determine a fair value for your claim. Victims and their families may not always be aware that they might also be able to seek compensation for future medical bills and rehabilitation expenses related to their accident. We can speak to insurance adjusters to fight to help you get the best possible settlement under the law. Sometimes insurance adjusters may use computer programs or estimates to give you a lower initial settlement than you may deserve. If the settlement being offered seems low, consider reaching out to a car accident lawyer today.
Call Our Jackson Car Accident Attorney – (601) 522-2222
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, our experienced car accident lawyer Jackson can assist you. Even if the other driver was uninsured, you may be entitled to recover damages by the negligent party’s insurance company or by your own insurer if the negligent driver was uninsured or underinsured.
Contact us today for your free, no-obligation consultation.