Personal Injury Law: Causes of Car Accidents in Jackson, Mississippi
If you’ve been seriously hurt in a car accident, many factors will impact your ability to make a claim and seek a recovery under the law. The fault of the other driver in your crash will make a big difference in whether you can seek damages or make a claim. Many car crashes that occur in Mississippi could have been prevented had drivers taken the time to pay attention to the road, follow the law, avoid texting and driving, and engage in safe driving habits. If another driver’s actions resulted in your crash, you may be entitled to seek damages for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Malouf & Malouf, PLLC are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi
who can help you seek damages for your losses following an accident that resulted from another driver’s negligence. What are some causes of car accidents, and was another driver at fault for your crash?
- Distracted Driving. Every year, over 3,000 people die due to distracted driving. Distracted driving is considered any act that takes your focus off the road. Texting and driving, eating and driving, changing the radio station, putting directions into a map, arguing in the car, answering the phone, or disciplining a child can all be considered distracted driving. If you or a loved one were hurt because you suspect another driver may have been distracted behind the wheel, Malouf & Malouf are car accident attorneys in Jackson, Mississippi who may be able to help you make a claim.
- Drunk Driving. Drinking and driving is not only against the law, but it claims many lives every year. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving, drinking and driving results in 10,876 deaths each year and another 290,000 injuries. When police suspect that a driver may have been inebriated, they may require that the driver submit to blood or breath tests. If another driver was found guilty of a DUI and this resulted in your accident, you may be entitled to seek damages from this driver. Contact Malouf & Malouf, a personal injury attorney in Jackson, Mississippi today to understand your options and rights.
- Speed kills. When accidents occur at higher speeds, injuries can be far more serious. If another driver was speeding or was driving too fast for road conditions, you may have the right to seek damages for your injuries. A personal injury lawyer can investigate your case and may be able to help you.
- Road Rage. The road is no place to take revenge or to act out aggressively. Road rage is not only illegal, but any person who hurts you or your loved ones while acting aggressively behind the wheel could be held responsible for paying your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Contact Malouf & Malouf, a personal injury lawyer today to learn more.
- Reckless Driving. Drag racing. Changing lanes without looking. Using a car as a toy. Reckless driving is against the law and if innocent people get hurt, drivers could be held accountable for their actions.
- Breaking the Law. Running a stop sign. Running a red light. Illegal lane changes. If another driver broke the laws of the road and this led to your serious injuries in a car accident, you and your family may have the right to seek damages from negligent parties who violated the law. Malouf & Malouf are car accident attorneys in Jackson, Mississippi who may be able to help.
- Younger drivers are more at risk of getting into accidents. When younger drivers engage in distracted driving, or drinking and driving, the risks of injury they pose to themselves and others on the road can be high. When young drivers hurt others due to their actions behind the wheel, their parents can be held financially responsible for these actions. Malouf & Malouf can help you learn more.
- Poor Road Conditions. Cities and states have a responsibility to properly maintain roads. When roads are hazardous, individuals who get hurt may have the right to pursue a claim against the state. While pursuing a personal injury claim against the government can sometimes be complex because the government is protected under the principle known as sovereign immunity, you may still have the right to seek damages. Malouf & Malouf are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who may be able to assist you with your claim.
- Drowsy Driving. Driving while tired can be just as deadly as driving while under the influence of alcohol. If a drowsy driver hurt you or a loved one, you may have the right to take action and seek damages for your losses.
- Vehicle Malfunction. Blown tires. Brake failure. Explosions. When vehicles malfunction, sometimes other people and drivers on the road get hurt. Drivers all have a responsibility to keep their cars in good working order.
Malouf & Malouf are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who can help you recover damages when drivers act negligently behind the wheel. Contact our firm today. We only get paid if you win.