Serious Injury Lawyer in Jackson, Mississippi
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in an accident in Jackson, Mississippi, the personal injury lawyers at Malouf & Malouf, PLLC may be able to help you. Victims of serious injuries might face high medical bills, and may struggle to make ends meet if they have had to miss time from work to heal or are unable to work due to disability. You and your family might be entitled to seek damages for your medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering if you’ve been hurt in a serious accident in Jackson, Mississippi. Contact Malouf & Malouf, serious injury lawyers today for a free initial consultation. What kind of serious injuries do we handle? Here are a few:
- Traumatic Brain Injury. In 2013 alone, traumatic brain injury resulted in 2.3 million emergency room visits, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Traumatic brain injury can be mild to severe, but even in its mild form it can impact all aspects of your life. Victims of mild TBI can suffer from memory problems, mood changes, problems sleeping, dizziness, headaches, and sensory changes. Mild traumatic brain injury might not always be diagnosed right after an accident. This type of injury may not always appear on CAT or PET scans. Severe traumatic brain injury can be disabling and life-altering. Victims may end up comatose, unable to walk, unable to speak, or suffer from serious cognitive issues. If you or a loved one were diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury, consider speaking to Malouf & Malouf, personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi today. Our firm may be able to help you seek damages for your lost wages, medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, and pain and suffering.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Spinal cord injury is one of the most serious injuries a person can experience after a car accident or slip and fall accident. This injury can result in paralysis and may require victims to face major lifestyle changes. According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, the cost of spinal cord injury in the first year alone can range anywhere from $518,904 to $1,064,716, depending on how high the injury is sustained on the spine. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, you might be facing paralysis, major changes to your abilities to work or care for children or family. You may also no longer be able to engage in former life activities. Victims of spinal cord injuries can often seek high settlements for these kinds of serious injuries. If you’ve suffered a spinal injury in Jackson, Mississippi, contact Malouf & Malouf, personal injury attorneys today.
- Burns. Burns can be among the most painful injuries a person can experience. Burn victims may require cosmetic surgery, may require skin grafts, and may require pain management. If you or a loved one suffered a burn in an accident, contact Malouf & Malouf, personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Amputations. Trauma is one of the leading causes of amputations. Amputation survivors may require prosthesis and may require extensive rehabilitation following this kind of injury. According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, the cost of a single amputation can be $60,000, and this doesn’t begin to cover the cost of rehabilitation and follow-up care. Trauma-related amputations may be more expensive and may require additional pain management. If you or a loved one has suffered an amputation in a car accident or other accident due to another person or party’s neglect or negligence, you and your family may have the right to seek compensation for your losses. Contact Malouf & Malouf, personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi today.
- Broken Bones. While most broken bones heal on their own, some broken bones can lead to serious disability. A broken hip sustained in a slip and fall accident, for example, can lead to mobility issues, especially for a victim who is elderly. This can seriously impact quality of life. If you have suffered a broken hip or other serious broken bone accident, Malouf & Malouf are personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi who may be able to help you.
- Serious Strains and Sprains. While most strains, like broken bones, heal over time, some strains or sprains might require surgery or extensive rehabilitation. In some rare cases, victims might find themselves disabled as a result of this injury. Malouf & Malouf are serious injury attorneys in Jackson, Mississippi who can review your situation and fight to help you get the recovery you may deserve.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD can affect many aspects of a person’s life. It can impact a person’s sleep, mood, and may even result in individuals avoiding situations where an accident took place. If you or a loved one are suffering from PTSD following a car accident or slip and fall injury, consider speaking to Malouf & Malouf, personal injury lawyers in Jackson, Mississippi today.
- Back and Neck Injuries. Back and neck injuries can leave victims suffering from whiplash or requiring surgery due to a slipped or herniated disk. If you or a loved one are suffering back and neck injuries following an accident in Jackson, Mississippi, consider speaking to Malouf & Malouf today to learn more about your rights.
- Chronic Pain. Victims of car accidents and slip and fall accidents may suffer from chronic pain as a result of their injuries. If you or a loved one is struggling with chronic pain after suffering an accident due to the negligence or neglect of another person or party, Malouf & Malouf may be able to help you seek damages for your pain and suffering and other losses.
- Disfigurement. Victims of car accidents or other serious trauma sometimes suffer disfiguring injuries. These injuries can affect a person’s self-concept. If you or a loved one suffered a disfiguring injury in a car accident, consider speaking to Malouf & Malouf, personal injury lawyers today. Our firm may be able to help you get compensation to pay for reconstructive surgery or other medical costs you may face.
These are just some of the injuries victims might experience after an accident in Jackson, MS. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law following an accident. Contact Malouf & Malouf, personal injury attorneys in Jackson, Mississippi today to learn more.